Hi there:

I am having some troubles trying to check my clients zone dns settings.
I can use host, dig or nslookup to check for any type of record. No
problem here, as long as I know the name of the record I want to check.

However, I've been unable to check an entire zone. Let's say that I want
to list all the records of the domain anydomain.com which is served by
the name server dns.anydomain.com (or x.y.z.t)

In Windows, if I start nslookup, set the server to dns.anydomain.com (or
x.y.z.t) and enter "ls -a anydomain.com" I would get the entire list of
dns records for that domain. However, Mandrake's nslookup says that the
ls command is not implemented, even when it appears nicely explained in
man nslookup.

Maybe host or dig can help, but I haven't found the way to do it after
reading their man pages near a zillion times. Of course, there is the
possibility that I haven't understood them a zillion times or have
skipped the important part a zillion times.

Is there any command that I can use to get entire list of records for a
zone?

Any help would be truly appreciated.

--
    __