On Sat, 2003-03-29 at 17:31, Richard Jones wrote:
> Wow, thanks for the quick reply!
>
> On Sat, 2003-03-29 at 17:07, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > You might want to check and modify your /etc/ld.so.conf to include some
> > of the lib dirs found in your /usr/lib - including /usr/lib and
> > /usr/local/lib as well - and make sure you run ldconfig to rebuild the
> > cache - also - you can put KDEDIR='/usr' in your /etc/profile along with
> > (towards the end of it) export KDEDIR so that KDE knows where it
> > lives...
>
> This all seems rather unnecessary, but in desperation I gave it a go
> anyway :)

Am going to try reinstall. Will see what happens...

There's a chance that this is caused by my manual adding of users
post-install - but I'd be most concerned if it was. Just can't think of
any other reason why an error-free install could result in unusable
KDE...

If all else fails, I'll just download the KDE source and install that.
I'd rather go with RPMs though, at least for a while :)

   Richard