I had the following script that I sourced from .bashrc to let me know
when I was running out of disk space.

#!/bin/bash
df | grep dev | cut -c53-54,56- | while read p1 p2
do
   if [ $p1 -gt 95 ]
   then
      echo "Danger! $p2 is $p1 full!"
   fi
done

This worked fine under Mandrake 9.0 and RedHat 8.0.  I've just spent 3
tortuous hours determining that sourcing this no longer works.  Now I
have to simply run it.  That is, before where I had

source ~/checksize.sh

now I must have simply

~/checksize.sh

The original method produces this:

bash: [: -gt: unary operator expected
bash: [: -gt: unary operator expected
bash: [: ha: integer expression expected
bash: [: oo: integer expression expected
bash: [: -gt: unary operator expected

The reason that I sourced it originally is that because I was starting a
shell script from within .bashrc, I got into an infinite loop.  This no
longer appears to happen.  Why does sourcing no longer work?