On Monday 31 March 2003 05:33, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> Most of you are running 9.1 already. I am confy with 9.0, but, things move
> and we should move with them, so, I would like to upgrade. First question:
> can I upgrade from 9.0 or do I have to do a clean install? I suppose a
> clean install is what is most recommended. Second question: I have read
> something about some issues with NVIDIA graphics cards. I have a NVIDIA
> RIVA TNT2 64 pro and I would like to know in advance what to do in order to
> make it work right after the installation.
>

> Teilhard Knight
> The Extraterrestrial
>
> Who ate my sandwich?

If you upgrade 9.0 to 9.1 you'll still have the 9.0Nvidia kernel around you
boot with now.

That way you can get the 9.1 kernel working with nvidia at your own pace
knowing you can fall back on the old working one. There isn't a real nvidia
problem, just some extra work 'cause propietry drivers aren't on the Download
CD's. Find them at nvidia, mandrake-club or wait for the boxed set which will
include and install them automagically.

Good luck,
HarM