On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 13:33, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> Most of you are running 9.1 already. I am confy with 9.0, but, things move and
> we should move with them, so, I would like to upgrade. First question: can I
> upgrade from 9.0 or do I have to do a clean install? I suppose a clean
> install is what is most recommended. Second question: I have read something
> about some issues with NVIDIA graphics cards. I have a NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 64
> pro and I would like to know in advance what to do in order to make it work
> right after the installation.
> Teilhard Knight

Just don't format your /home partition. If you've not set a partition
aside for your /home, backup everything in your /home directories, blow
out the entire thing, and start fresh.

Get the latest NVidia drivers (oooooooooo----NVidia is soooooo nice) and
you'll be right mate.

--
Mon Mar 31 19:50:00 EST 2003
 19:50:00 up 10 days,  7:37,  3 users,  load average: 0.60, 0.54, 0.25
|            __    __          | kuhn media australia            |
|           / ,, /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com           |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |=================================|
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kuhn                    |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808                 |
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |                                 |
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389            |
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU   |
 linux user:267497 * MDK 9.1 * PC/Mac/Linux/Networking/Consulting
 machine no:194239 * RH 7.3 * Sales - Service - Support - Tutor
** This messages was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer **

Watch Rincewind.

Look at him.  Scrawny, like most wizards, and clad in a dark red robe on
which a few mystic sigils were embroidered in tarnished sequins. Some might
have taken him for a mere apprentice enchanter who had run away from his
master out of defiance, boredom, fear and a lingering taste for
heterosexuality.  Yet around his neck was a chain bearing the bronze octagon
that marked him as an alumnus of Unseen University, the high school of magic
whose time-and-space transcendent campus is never precisely Here or There.
Graduates were usually destined for mageship at least, but Rincewind--after
an unfortunate event--had left knowing only one spell and made a living of
sorts around the town by capitalizing on an innate gift for languages.  He
avoided work as a rule, but had a quickness of wit that put his
acquaintances in mind of a bright rodent.
                -- Terry Pratchett, "The Colour of Magic"