On Monday 31 March 2003 10:37 pm, Rachel wrote:
> Anyone know what I can do about rpm drake?  It still says
> "already installed" even after I wiped out the whole
> system and put Mandrake 9 in fresh.  I tried the urpmi
> code given at the Mandrake Expert site but it gave me an
> error, 'could not find cdrom8'.
>
> Argh
>
> Thanks,
> Rachel

From Mandrake's *errata* - site :

Error scenario: When using urpmi or rpmdrake, there is an
error about package not found before accessing the CD-ROM.
Another possible error message is "Everything already
installed."
Why: The installer misconfigured the medium description of
Contribution packages.
Solution: Insert the Installation CD (CD-ROM #1) and issue
the command "urpmi.update cdrom8" as root.

HTH
Kaj Haulrich.
--
Registered Linux user  # 214073 at http://counter.li.org