On Sat, 2003-04-05 at 02:56, Netsonic wrote:

> Just a thought...
>
> If the unit is getting that hot, have you checked your case fans/cooling to
> see if there is a problem.
>
> Maybe your system fan speed reports etc??

Nope I am quite sure it is the burner, or more accurately the firmware,
because it spins at full speed for an hour or so before overheating,
asked the tech at the local mom and pop to look into it, he confirmed
the problem, but said that the manufacturer would not be giving me a new
one, since a brand new one off the shelf displayed the same problem when
he checked it. Apparently ASUS has a utility for fixing the problem, but
I am guessing this is for Macroshaft users only.