Title: RE: [newbie] Need help with router setup

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Russ Rollins
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2003 1:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Need help with router setup

I have setup the Mandrake Internet Sharing connection and am
successfully able to utilize the second NIC in my box to share the
internet with my laptop. However, when I plug the cable into my
Wireless Router, and then attempt to get online with my laptop
(wirelessly) I am unable to do so--I, however can successfully see my
Mandrake box (@192.168.1.1) and peruse my webpages there. What can I
do to fix this? I've spent hours trying to get this far (finally
realizing I needed to open the ports in the firewall to allow DHCP).

Much thanks in advance,
-Russ-

When you say plug the cable into your wireless router are you then bypassing the main linux computer and going from laptop to router? If so you need to change the gateway IP on your laptop from the PC to the routers IP address cause the router has now become the gateway. Can you clarify what you are trying to do, or does my image above reflect what you are doing? HTH Dennis M.