Yes you can use regular expressions
http://www.linuxpcug.org/lessons/rute/node8.html

As for advanced searches I am sure you could combine slocate ,awk and grep
together to do advanced stuff, but you would have to spend ages composing the
command. (well I would)

I am surprised no one seems have to made use of slocate in a GUI based file
search tool, but AFAIK there is not one. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net