Need your help again folks!

Been swithering for months about taking up Telewest on their
BlueYonder offer.  Already have TV and telephone on cable.  Next year
I may be able to afford a high end notebook, which I would use for the
broadband connection, leaving my 2 PCs upstairs on the 56K modem
connection to Demon for email.

Telewest state that they do not support connection to a Linux
box/network, so basically you plug it in and do all the work yourself.
My problem is that I haven't the first idea what is required beyond
the MAC address for the network card, and DHCP, which I guess stands
for something like "dynamic hosting connection protocol".  There are
no known HOWTOs on broadband connection and Googling returns about
20000 hits for "BlueYonder" +Linux.  Haven't turned up anything useful
in there so far.  One looked promising but started with "First make
sure that it all works under Windows".  Well, really!

So, has anybody here done it for a standalone Mandrake only box?  If
not, goodbye BlueYonder.
--
Len Lawrence
Things will get better despite our efforts to improve them.