On Thursday 29 May 2003 11:53 pm, rikona graced me with:
> Hello Technoslick,
>
> Thursday, May 29, 2003, 7:30:56 PM, you wrote:
>
> T> Once extracted, you run the install file and it your done in
> T> seconds.
>
> I prefer the Linus installs over Winblows.

This one installs like the old DOS apps. Park it and run it! ;-)
Installing the library is only necessary if you don't have it
already.

Yes, it was "fast" and "easy".

> T> The only caveat is that the hyperlink feature is not active in
> this T> version. They say, soon to come.
>
> The linux/lite version is missing quite a few features compared to
> the paid ones.

The reasons for this are two-fold. The Lite version is..Lite.
Secondly, it is really underdeveloped at this point. It just released
not long ago.

> T> Since I use it in Windows, I'm pretty familiar with the program.
> It's T> so simple to use, but please ask if you have any questions.
>
> Does it really put everything in a data base?

Yes. Been stable so far. The largest db I have is on PCM Tips that I
carry transfer to it from subscribed emails. A good way to keep this
stuff together and neatly viewable/printable with a small footprint.
I have no idea how many entries of articles...maybe only a hundred or
so. I just started to use it a month ago.

> How complex can the searching be - complex boolean, with proximity?

Noep. Simple text searches...sorry. :-(

> Can you 'see' each thing in a search result and scroll through
> quickly?

That you can do.

If I find that site with the more advanced stuff, I'll come back here
and post it for all.