On Friday 30 May 2003 11:28 pm, Todd Slater wrote:
> On Fri, 30 May 2003 19:59:48 +0100
>
> Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Friday 30 May 2003 5:54 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > I'm in the market for a Compact Flash card reader and was
> > > hoping you could tell me a brand and model that works for you.
> > > I am looking at a SanDisk USB CF/Smart Media reader
> > > http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000068UXB/qid=105431238
> > >4/sr =2-2/ref=sr_2_2/102-0362829-1464909 because it's cheap and
> > > I could also use the Smart Media part.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Todd
> >
> > I can't answer for that model, Todd.  What I can say is that John
> > and I have both been struggling to find one that works, without
> > success. A number of people have Sandisk CF readers that work,
> > and there is one model of Sandisk SM reader that I understand
> > works, but I do not know anyone who has managed to get a dual
> > standard reader working.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Hi Anne,
>
> I'm sure you've googled for it, but I found a bunch of hits
> reporting that the SanDisk SDDR-75 (aka Image Mate or something)
> combo CF/SM works with Linux. My fuji camera connects as a USB mass
> storage device so I'm hoping I'm just going to have luck with USB;
> however, my mobo is not the most recent. I guess it's going to have
> to be a calculated risk!
>
> A few links that might help:
>
> http://vic.dyndns.org/linux-UsbMassStorage/
>
> http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdev.php?id=1227
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=sandisk+SDDR-75+linux&hl=en&lr=&i
>e=UTF-8&selm=20021220203325.GA25394%40linux700.localnet&rnum=6
>
> Todd

This is the one that I found when googling.  I then contacted Sandisk,
because I couldn't find anyone in the uk selling it.  They told me it
was available in the uk under a different model number and they would
get their europe salesman to contact me.  He did, and said that it
wasn't available.  I tried once more to get him to sort it out,
quoting the previous mail I had received, but he ignored it.

I gave up.

Anne