Hi All,
         I'm having problems installing new software.I download the
Tarball,SU into root from a console.Untar to a temp folder,but the programs
don't go to my start up(they end up in my home folder),and when I try to use
them they work,but will not save the work as a usable file.I end up with a
open with box that does not hold the program name,so I can't use the file.
         Do I need to boot to Root Desktop to make them work when I install
them,and how do I do this?
Also I have found I can send mail from Evolution,but not from Kmail,but both
will receive with no problems,I have looked at the help files and got
nowhere,the mail is sent but never ends up where it is going i.e. this list.
                                                  Cheers,
                                                             Drew.