On Tuesday 03 Jun 2003 4:11 pm, Brian V Bonini wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 18:52, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 02:40, Brian V Bonini wrote:
> > > About to attempt an upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1
> > >
> > > Any issues I should be aware of, any suggestions, experiences
> > > (good or bad)....
> >
> > You can actually get away with a "fresh install" as long as you
> > don't format your /home partition...(that is, if you're wanting
> > things a bit cleaner than before...)
>
> and then just re-install whatever additional software I've added to
> the system?? That could work, a little more work then I was hoping
> for but if it will increase my chances of success...

I'm out of my depth here, but is it not possible to write a package
list from mcc > boot ?  Or is that only an option at install?  I
wondered if that could be used to automate installing the packages
when a new install is made.

I don't know a thing about this, but it sounds reasonable.  Tell me if
I'm being barmy <g>

Anne