On Tuesday 03 Jun 2003 4:35 pm, Adolf, Michael F wrote:
> I tried several ways, I'm sure MDK was one of them. I think MDK
> took me thru several lilo configuration windows, but none that
> allowed windows to be selected. There was one window that displayed
> a list (6 radio button choices) from which to select a default, but
> each selection was exactly the same, something like, /dev/hda...
> The first one was selected. Maybe I should have selected the button
> in the same position as 'windows' is on the lilo boot display. 6
> choices, all the same doesn't seem right to me.

Mike, I haven't tried it that way, so I may be off-beam.  Seems to me
possible though that you are mis-reading it.  It's likely that it's
saying that it's booting from hda - i.e. that is where it will get
the lilo and /boot configuration.

In your lilo.conf there will be a line at or near the beginning on the
lines of

boot=/dev/hda

Could be wrong, but have another look at mcc and see if this is what
it's referring to.

Anne