On Tuesday 03 June 2003 07:46 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 02 Jun 2003 11:16 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:
> > Can anyone suggest what works to play mp3s in ML 9.1?   I have xmms
> > loaded but apparently don't have a plugin for mp3s.  Don't know
> > what it is called either.  I have looked in the Club packages but
> > not finding any hints.  I must be using the wrong search terms on
> > the archives too. So a little help? TIA for assistance.
>
> Dennis, I use xmms to play mp3s in 9.1.  Is it specifically giving you
> error messages?  Give us a bit more info on what you do and see, and
> I'll compare it with mine.
>
> Anne
That is part of the problem. I get no messages in konsole and all that happens
is xmms locks up but not the computer. I can kill the process and still have
an active desktop. It just never loads any files in to xmms. If I choose the
+dir or the filefolder and select all, I still get a lock on xmms. ??? If I
play a regular audio cd like Phill Collins "Hello I must be going" It works
fine. My other comp will play mp3s and that is what drives me nuts.
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842