Hi all,

I've just installed Mandrake 6.0 on a Celeron 433mhz w/64MB RAM  I'm having all
kinds of problems trying to get the video working in KDE.  My video card is a
Diamond SpeedStar A70 (OEM) w/8MB and the monitor is an old (1994) Daytek 14"
monitor.  It supports 1024x768 in Windoze @ I think 70hz  (not sure now.)
 Neither of these are listed in the Xconfigurator so I've got to configure them
manually. I've tried every generic and custom config, keeping the settings as
simple as possible, but all I get in KDE is a 640x480 16 color display that
only seems to display what ever elements it feels like.  I have the toolbar
across the bottom, a few icons an a black desktop with streaks across it. The
menus work, but only show black boxes for icons with white text on a white
background.  Pretty useless.  If I try to increase the res, or color depth, X
won't start at all.  What do I need to do to get this working in a nice 800x600
or 1024x768 16M colors?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Peter