They sometimes leave core dumped files lying around. Those files do no harm but take up LOTS of space. A core dump is data from that program that was in RAM at the time of the crash. Just ocassionally have a look around for .core files and delete them. Other than that, beacuse apps run in userspace, there is rarely any other side effects of an app crash in Linux.

Cheers

Jason

rikona wrote:

Hello,

I've had a few apps stop running/crash. It does not seem as though
there are subsequent consequences - I can seemingly reopen the app and
continue. In Win, this is sometimes a problem. Can apps foul up the OS
such that it has to be rebooted? Any other things to look out for on a
crash? How will I know when I have a real problem?

I find the stability remarkable after coming from Windows. MD just
keeps running, and running, and....

I like it!