Hello rikona,

r> Got it working, and now looking through the 'back door' from a Win
r> machine.

Well, stellarium crashed the screen again! This time, though, I can
see (via ssh & top) that everything is running happily on the machine,
even stellarium, until I killed it. No machine crash - just CAN'T get
the screen to do anything. Could this be a 'driver' hangup? Or what?
Any ideas to get an understanding of what is going on and/or how to
fix it via the remote ssh terminal?

As I understand it, Ctl+Alt+Backspace is supposed to stop X, but it
does not stop according to the remote terminal. I tried 'kill 1452' to
get rid of X, and that wouldn't stop it either. A 'kill -9 1452'
apparently killed the machine. Reboot time.

Anything else to try recovering from this?

--
Thank you,
 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]