On Thursday 12 Jun 2003 6:56 pm, Todd Slater wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 12:41:15PM -0500, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> I'm not saying that the "two hypens + space + carriage return"
> standard for setting off a sig is bad design, I'm saying that not
> giving the user a choice of whether to include the OP's sig is bad
> design. I simply cannot accept that automatically stripping
> everything including and below two hypens + space + carriage return
> is desirable in a MUA. It is nice to have the option to do that,
> but the user should be able to turn it off or bypass it when
> needed.
>
> Todd

OTOH, Todd, it's not very often that it's a problem - no more than 3
or 4 out of all the replies I've ever made.  Since there is probably
a workaround, it's better, I think, for the default to be to crop the
sig.  I've never seen a setting to change it, but I simply hadn't
thought of using the select-text to get round it.

Anne