On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 23:57, JoeHill wrote:
> This is where I strongly believe is going to be one of the
> places/ways that Linux is going to be part of a "revolution". Linux
> people are by far some of the most generous and helpful people I have
> ever encountered. This needs to be done more and more often, I am
> seriously considering hooking up with my local LUG and starting to
> gather up all those old Pentiums sitting in people's basements
> collecting dust. Course all the little kiddies will be forced to use
> Pekwm, but hey... :D
>
> http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=03/06/11/2022224

Hey, that's how Macintosh made inroads into schools - Apple gaves away
heaps and heaps of stuff from the mid-80's and onward - so the way to
ingrain linux into the hearts of the youngsters is to do exactly that -
and Microsoft won't/don't DONATE anything - they've always got a "catch"
or a stipulation about what they do and what can happen with it or
around it...

Meanwhile, it might be nicer to lay ROX Desktop on them or XFCE4
instead...kids aren't "window manager" savvy...

--
Fri Jun 13 08:40:01 EST 2003
 08:40:01 up 1 day,  8:38,  3 users,  load average: 1.62, 1.23, 1.07

What nonsense people talk about happy marriages!  A man can be happy with
any woman so long as he doesn't love her.
                -- Oscar Wilde