From: John Richard Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 10:45 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] D4X Compile

Charles A Edwards wrote:

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 19:07:25 +0100
John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

what should I do then,
a urpmi , or better still where can I download pucka version with my
d4x on M9.0

Have you tried rebuilding d4x Since you did the --force install of gtk?

Hell, if it comes to it I can send you the rpm I built.
It's only 1MB.

Charles

Indeed I have Charles, same gtk error.

but it's those gkt libraries libgtk+2.0_0 and 2:gtk+2.0

that are the problem here ?
I just need a good copy of these I think , that is what those low % figures were saying ?
How big are they ?

John

Tony,

Well I think that isn't going to be easy. see here,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# urpme gtk+2.0
To satisfy dependencies, the following packages are going to be removed (152 MB):
drakconf-9.1-13.1mdk
drakcronat-0.1.3-1mdk
drakfirsttime-0.91-12mdk
drakxtools-9.1-31.3mdk
eog-2.2.0-1mdk
file-roller-2.2.1-1mdk
gail-1.2.0-1mdk
galeon-1.3.3-2.1mdk
gdm-2.4.1.3-5mdk
gedit-2.2.0.1-1mdk
gnome-applets-2.2.0-2mdk
gnome-control-center-2.2.0.1-2mdk
gnome-desktop-2.2.0.1-2mdk
gnome-games-2.2.0-2mdk
gnome-media-2.2.1.1-1mdk
gnome-panel-2.2.0.1-6mdk
gnome-python-1.99.15-1mdk
gnome-python-bonobo-1.99.15-1mdk
gnome-python-canvas-1.99.15-1mdk
gnome-session-2.2.0.2-2mdk
gnome-system-monitor-2.0.4-4mdk
gnome-telnet-2.4-4mdk
gnome-terminal-2.2.1-1mdk
gnome-themes-2.2-2mdk
gnome-utils-2.2.0.3-1mdk
gnome2-2.2.0-1mdk
gnomeicu-0.98.126-2mdk
gphoto-0.4.3-17mdk
gramps-0.9.0-2mdk
gtk+2.0-2.2.1-2mdk
gtk-engines2-2.2.0-2mdk
gtkam-0.1.10-2mdk
harddrake-ui-9.1-31.3mdk
libbonoboui-2.2.0-1mdk
libbonoboui2_0-2.2.0-1mdk
libeel2_2-2.2.1-1mdk
libexif-gtk4-0.3.3-2mdk
libexif-gtk4-devel-0.3.3-2mdk
libgail17-1.2.0-1mdk
libgdkcardimage0-2.2.0-2mdk
libgnome-desktop-2_2-2.2.0.1-2mdk
libgnomecanvas2_0-2.2.0.1-1mdk
libgnomeprintui2-2_0-2.2.1.1-1mdk
libgnomeui2-2.2.0.1-2mdk
libgnomeui2_0-2.2.0.1-2mdk
libgtk+2.0_0-2.2.1-2mdk
libgtk+2.0_0-devel-2.2.1-2mdk
libgtkhtml2_0-2.2.0-2mdk
libnautilus2-2.2.1-5mdk
libpanel-applet-2_0-2.2.0.1-6mdk
mdkonline-0.91-2mdk
mozilla-1.3.1-4.1mdk
mozilla-mail-1.3.1-4.1mdk
mrproject-0.9-1mdk
nautilus-2.2.1-5mdk
nautilus-gtkhtml-0.3.2-5mdk
perl-GTK2-0.0.cvs.2003.03.04.1-2mdk
perl-GTK2-devel-0.0.cvs.2003.03.04.1-2mdk
rfbdrake-0.9.1-11.1mdk
rpmdrake-2.1-15.1mdk
screem-0.6.0-1mdk
yelp-2.2.0-2mdk
Is this OK? (Y/n)

note the 152 MB in all,
and while while it may be safe to remove , I'm extremely reluctant to sanction it , not knowing what I am doing at all.
Since it wants to remove so much you can bet your bottom dollar it will want to reinstall something like as many packages, and under plain urpmi , there don't seem to be any resume facilities , which means when I get cut off by my ISP, thats it, start again.

If I could use MCC update at least each updated package gets ticked off and when I manually restart the process it at leasts restarts at the beginning of the last package it was updating, tiresome but achievable, whereas plain urpmi makes you start all over again, at least it did for me last time I tried it, I don't pretend to know and understand these urpmi stuff well.

Cann't I simply urpmi libgtk+2.0_0,    urpmi gtk+2.0
and won't it simply overwrite the existing installs.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]