-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kaj Haulrich
Sent: Friday, June 13, 2003 9:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Recently we had a discussion on virus (pluralis : vira).

Now, returning from a non-networked-one-week-a-time job I
browsed my *usual suspects* and learned that Micro$oft had
purchased RAV, a Romanian Antivirus Company. Accordingly, M$
would discontinue the antivirus capabilities for Linux.

Although vira aren't relevant for Linux-users, it seems that
RAV made a business out of providing numerous mailservers with
a virus-filtering tool. In fact : probably the best antivirus
toolkit ever.

Considering that about 30-40 % of all mailservers runs Linux
and can be presumed to filter out vira nearly 100 %,  the
shutdown of these capabilities would increase the virus-load
to about 60-70 % on those unhappy Windows users.

In short : Is Windows a virus ?

Kaj Haulrich.
--
Registered Linux user  # 214073 at http://counter.li.org