personally I think that the perfect antivirus solution for windows, (apart
from format or fdisk)
would be if microsnot put a antivir function into the kernel, and outsourced
just the pattern files..

Then the trend/symantec etc companies could just concentrate on supplying up
to date pattern files for it instead of value adding crap to the interfaces
they design..

having said that, my fav antivir solution is still to run the free Trend
filescan for linux with trophie (a program that turns it into a fast memory
resident daemon scanner) and amavis-new and spamassassin with postfix..

no virus's have gotten past this setup to date, and no spam gets to my users
either..

I never hear from it (except when it catches a virus.).. it updates itself,
scans several thousand emails a day and always just works.

great stuff..

rgds

Franki