Hi folks,

Lesson learned today: no resizing of ntfs partitions because all those
margaritas are keeping you from sleeping...

Here's what i did:  My ntfs partion was hda1,
/boot     hda5
/         hda6

I shrunk the ntfs (successfuly) at the cli.
I think at this point, it told me that it renamed the partitions, so that the
new one was hda5,
hda5 became hda6, ...

Then, i went to diskdrake (which i prolly should have done first)
and formatted and mounted hda5 as /stuff.
It didn't show as formatted in diskdrake, but i could go into it and make
files, etc.  So i very dumbly decided that was a good time to reboot.

Well, when i reboot, i get kernel panic for no INIT=   (i think)
and when i "upgrade" i find that hda6 (which is where /boot is) has errors
that the install cd can't fix.

Ok, so what should i do now?  I have heard people on the list say it is not
necessary to put  /boot on it's own part, so feel free to suggest any
appropriate options.

I will go off and google now, but i trust you folks a lot more, so hopefully
someone will know the fix.

As far as i can tell, just getting the /boot dir functional and maybe redoing
the bootloader should be enough.

If it helps, lilo is working fine, and it does still boot into windows just
fine.

I am running ML 9.1.

Thanks in advance for any rescue advice!
eric