On Saturday 14 Jun 2003 3:41 pm, Eric Huff wrote:
> When i get knoppix going, what do i do with the partition?
> I assume i would start with fsck?

That'll be a good guess. It sort of depends on what you find.

> If i can't recover the /boot partition, can i just copy the /boot files
> from my other box that's runing ML9.1?

That's straying into expert terratory. I would guess that the vanilla MDK
kernel would run OK, more likely if both systems were installed using similar
options. It's certainly worth trying as I imagine your other options are
limited. If it fails try booting failsafe mode and you might be able to
rebuild the kernel.

If you can repair enough you should be able to get the repair option to run
off the MDK CDs.

Otherwise I would backup everything and reinstall.

--
Richard Urwin