On Saturday 14 Jun 2003 7:36 pm, rikona wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found an old version of kstars for MD versions up to 8, and the RPM
> is still available. Would it run in 9.1, or is it likely to cause
> problems?

Kstars is in the kdeedu package Just run
urpmi kdeedu

If you ever wnat to know which package an application is in just run urpmq and
urpmf

As for running old packages. It would almost certainly not work. In fact you
would be lucky if it even installed without being forced. The Unix philosophy
is for applications to share libraries (ro keep them small) . If kstars
needed a library which was incompatible with the ones on your system it would
refuse to install.
The exception is packages which are 'statically linked' so they contain all
the libraries they need (and are therefore larger)

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net