On Sunday 15 Jun 2003 7:32 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Ok, i found the problem.  i'm not burning the Cd as an ISO image,
> and i just found in my CD burn program that i can select to burn
> data in ISO.  one quick question....
>
> do all 3 CDs need to be ISO?  i would think they do, but want to
> check before i re-burn them.
>
> also, about dual booting...right from the getgo will i have the option
> to boot into either win98 or mandrake?  thanks!

Yep. But defrag your Windows partitions before you start. Unless you have a
spare partition to put Mandrake on it will have to resize your existing
Windows partition. If you have files scattered all over the disc the
installer will not be able to find enough space to put the partition in.

Mandrake can resize NTFS partions OK, but cannot write to them (reliably) so
if there is any data you want to share between Windows and Mandrake, then put
it on a FAT32 partition. The Mandrake installer can make partitions for you.

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net