On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 11:21, Terry Sheltra wrote:
> Anyone use the mandrake remote desktop connection utility?  If so, how
> does one do things like send a CTRL-ALT-DEL command?  I know that if I
> were using VNC, I could just hit Ctrl-F8 to get a popup menu.

Are you referring to the "rdesktop" program?  ("rfbdrake" uses rdesktop
to connect to Windows machines.)  I hit Ctrl-Alt-Del while using
rdesktop to connect to a WinXP machine and the keys were recognized just
as if I'd been sitting at the machine.

> Second question (maybe related to the first one) .. if I have it running
> full-screen, how can I switch it to a window?  I had accidentally closed
> the menu, and was stuck with a full screen view of the remote desktop,
> with no way to close it.

According to "man rdesktop", full screen is toggled using
Ctrl-Alt-Enter.

Of course, if you ever got stuck like that again, you could
"Ctrl-Alt-F1" to login to the console, do a "killall rdesktop" to kill
the rdesktop process, then "Alt-F7" to return to the GUI.  But I
digress...

- Kathy