Hi all,
I have installed Linux Mandrake 9.1 on my machine. But there is some
problems with charset or font. My man pages, info pages, BitchX screen
etc are not seen properly. Smething like,

â, ââchive
              same as âpR

My local lug members suggested using LANG=C and exporting it. But it
does not work. Also, I used consolechars with -f and -m options with
various fonts and charsets but still the same problem.
This happens in X as well as CLI.
One member also suggested,
# mv /etc/sysconfig/i18n /etc/sysconfig/i18n.old

One says that I should *not* use UTF8 as default character set. How
to change this to appropiate one and which one to change to?

What must be the problem?

Loking eagerly for any clue on this.

With warm regards,
-Payal

--
For GNU/Linux Success Stories and Articles visit:
          http://payal.staticky.com