I have previously tried the most recent drivers.  Makes absolutely no difference which
is why I stuck with the Mandrake supplied drivers this time around.  I wanted to make
sure that there was no issue with using something that hadn't been proven to work and
I am pretty sure that the stock drivers supplied by Mandrake are working for most
others or there would be bug reports about them and I see no bug reports on Mandrakes
sites about it.  Thanks for the suggestion though.  Any others?  Anybody see something
that I am missing in the log file?

The first thing to do is. Download the most recent X drivers from the nvidia
site. And follow the appropriate instructions for installing the driver into
the kernel.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I recently bought some new hardware intended to take me into the next few years and I am having problems getting Mandrake installed.  I have a Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra Platinum MB with 1024 megs ram, Nvidia GE4 Ti4600 graphics card.  I had to patch the installation kernel in order to install given the current framebuffer issues with high ram video cards and ~1024 ram machines.  I did get Linux installed and running except for X.  I am now having problems trying to start X with the Nvidia graphics cards and drivers that come with Mandrake boxed set.  When I try to start X, I get a blank display with nothing coming up.  I don't think that the machine is locked up, I can ssh into it from another machine, but X just does not do anything and the display is completely blank.  I have attached my Xfree log and config file here to help with troubleshooting.  Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me get X working?  TIA.

Kevin J Citron
Sr. Object Imagineer
Optimized Objects, Inc.
EL Paso, Texas 79930