Charlie wrote:
quoting Technoslick; Tuesday 17 June 2003 12:02 pm:
<snip>

Beg to differ, Doug. I'm running Galeon 1.3.3 and they surely go to the
unassigned section of the list, under no folders. Have you make an
adjustment in the settings to cause yours to do this? It's been like
this for as long as I can remember, as it is in Mozilla, too.

In Mozilla 1.3.1 (and previous as far as I recall) if you want to save a
bookmark for the current page; click "Bookmarks" then "File Bookmark
<Ctrl+Shift+D>," highlight the directory you want in the new dialog, then
click OK.

The bookmark goes to the general list if you just click "Bookmark This Page."
<Ctrl+D> There's also "Manage Bookmarks." <Ctrl+B>

The last few release of GNOME have lost functionality/features and suck in my
opinion.

Regards;
Charlie

A way of adding bookmarks in Mozilla that I have found to be easier is to:

-press F9 to open the sidebar
-select the "Bookmarks" tab (will then be selected the next time you open the sidebar)
-arrange the bookmarks by alpabetical orer by clicking "Name" until satisfied (this only needs to be done the first time you manage your bookmarks in this manner)
-scroll down to the folder in which you would like to place the bookmark
-drag the icon to the left of the URL in the address bar straight to the folder
-press F9 to close the sidebar (or leave it open)

It is much easier to access the bookmarks in this way than it to use the Bookmarks menu in the main window because of the alphabetical sorting.  Scroll down to what you want...click on the folder to open it...click on the bookmark itself to go to the web page.

I don't know if this works in Galeon.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
				-Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)