On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:53:56 -0500
"Jim Dawson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

The GPL is significantly less complex than most other software licenses.
The complexity is (supposedly)  necessary from a legal standpoint. For
some reason 'You are free to do whatever you want with this software,
however if you distribute it you must distribute the source code with it
and any changes to the code must be distributed under these terms.'
doesn't cut it from a legal standpoint.

My guess it is lawyers defending their jobs. If legal contracts were
written this clearly, we wouldn't need so many lawyers...

hmmm, why is quoting not working for me anymore....

anyhow, well said!
--
+ Joe Hill
+ Registered Linux user #282046