From: John Aldrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 01, 1999 8:35 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] red hat to mandrake

On Fri, 01 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> I'd love to wipe the system, and install, but I have a serious deficiency
in
> the LILO/boot disk area, that I can't resolve, and neither can Mandrake
> support!
>
> Looks like this weekend will be the first attempt at the upgrade, I'll let
> you people know how it went.

Get a Windows boot disk, boot to the disk (which has MS
FDISK on it) and type "fdisk /mbr" and it'll wipe the
master boot record. I don't recommend doing this if you've
got something you want to save in the way of a current
Linux install, as it can be problematic getting back to the
existing install w/o a proper boot floppy.
John