Hello :)
Some time ago I passed to Slackware, which on my old computer used to work
perfectly (the version is 9). Then one week ago I changed computer and
something strange happened: when I try to install Slack I get error messages
saying that LILO cannot install itself on the MBR or on the root partition (I
tried both). Mandrake is able to install LILO without any problem, while
WinXP can write on the MBR only if I install it on a NTFS partition (trying
on a fat32 I just got strange symbols everytime I tried to reboot)

The filesystem I use is Reiser FS which is the same that used to perfectly
work on the old computer. I tried also Ext3 and Ext2 and nothing changed. The
Hard disk is a normal Ultra ATA, nothing uncommon... so does anybody know
what may the problem be?

Thanks for the help,
Giuseppe