Hello all.

Now that I've finished tormenting Joe for another day or so, I seem to have a
problem.

I downloaded VM Ware from the club, installed it and then discovered that I
couldn't even get an evalutation license for it.  So...I downloaded the new
version.   And guess what?  I got the license and it stopped working within
about 10 minutes complaining that there is a new version out there.  Of
course there isn't. :-)

I'm thinking now that I should have deleted the old version and installed the
new one fresh rather than upgraded. Am I right?

The other question could be a RTFM one, but I couldn't find an intelligable
answer in the FM so I'll try here.  (Hates PDF sometimes!)

I installed it on a box with two OS's already installed.  One, is, of course,
our favourite Linux distro, the other hails from the evil empire and is known
as XP.  I can understand placing a virtual machine but the instructions seem
to indicate that I should reinstall XP (activation code and all) in VM Ware
just to access what's already there.  So...should I be setting up the virtual
machine with a boot disk from XP?  Just what am I, thick headedly, missing?

Thanks!

ttfn

John