I'm not sure what you would install on 98 so that you could write to you
linux machine, but Sharity (I think the URL is
www.obdev.at/Products/Sharity) will let you see your win98 drive from
linux and get files off it (it'll create a directory on your linux system
that acts somewhat like network neighborhood under windows).

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Steve Philp wrote:

> > Jaguar wrote:
> >
> > From a Windows pro, but Linux stupid...:)
> >
> > I have a few systems here..and as yet I don't have a working network.
> > I wouold like to know if there is an easy way to transfer a Linux
> > program (D/L'ed from the Net on Win98) from my PC to my Linux
> > system...I can connect the hard-drive ( I have that Util that is
> > supposed to look at Linux drives (Explore2FS.exe)) to the Win98
> > system, but what method should/could I use to "copy" from 98 to
> > Mandrake?
> > Thanks in advance...:)
>
> Maybe a LapLink cable? or null modem cable?  Either one will be faster
> than a floppy disk.
>
> I don't think Explore2FS will write to ext2 partitions, last I knew it
> was read-only.
>
> Other than that, I'd suggest at least getting the Win98 and Linux
> machines talking across the network.  FTP files from Win98 to Linux for
> the easiest transfer.  If you get ambitious, you could setup Linux with
> Samba and write to it that way...
>
> --
> Steve Philp
> Network Administrator
> Advance Packaging Corporation
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

David van Balen                         mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Box 5054                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Clinton, MS 39058                       http://www.mc.edu/~vanbalen