> > Actually, it happens in pekwm, too.  It is nice being able to drag files to the
> > desktop, though.
> > Don't like to keep them there, but when i'm just messin around, it's handy to
> > stick 'em there...
> >
> If you're hell-bound and determined to have a desktop that you can drag
> icons to and from, try ROX's desktop along with ROX-Filer - you might
> find that it's easier overall on resources, and definitely faster in
> response.

That's actially what i've been running, though i'm slowly reducing the number of icons
i keep there.

I was just thinking that sometimes it's nice to stick files (not just icons/links) "on
the desktop" while i muck around with them, you know, instead of some other tmp
directory.

I'll get over it though...  6 years of "windows only" has left me with a couple
habbits that are hard to break.

What's remarkable is how many windows habbits i lost in the first 2 weeks of using
linux.  Now when i go into work, i find windows is even worse than i realized.  It
proved to me that i really do like linux/unix better, and not just that i was used to
unix (as was suggested by work mates).

eric