I have never had any problems with Fijitsu drives. As a matter of fact I
have two 6.4's in my linux box.

-----Original Message-----
From: Civileme [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 1999 7:04 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] (In)Compatible Hardware

I think the archives of one of the overclocking newsgroups might have
something on Fujitsu drives.

I have experience with ONE Fujitsu IDE drive, an old 2G with no cache
(that's right, none).  It did creditable service, but ....  every time there
was a power failure and I was not there to shut down before the UPS ran
down, it was a full rebuild job with significant lost data.  Naturally I
swapped it out for something that could take a beating at first opportunity.
Also, as soon as I have the financial commitment (December, I hope), I will
be trashing the "server which is built from scraps" and put in a decent UPS
that I can link to for auto shutdowns.  By then I will have it linked to the
phone system to notify a few people intervention is required to get running
again (we use it for incoming mail as the POP server).

Anyway, other than the tendency to collapse with every little power outage,
I know nothing negative about Fujitsu drives.  Of course that is enough to
keep it off my server.

Civileme

Aaron deRozario wrote:

This information would be very handy.  IF someone had the time and effort
and web space some kind of database that keeps track of parts and parts
combinations that are successful, or unsuccessful might also be good.  I
know when I built my machine I was only interested in getting parts that
would definately work with Linux.  OF course although all the parts might be

Limux compatible some pieces of hardware don't seem to work together.  That
kind of information - known hardware incompatibilities (Soundcard X won't
work with Motherboard Y), in a searchable database would be useful.  Just
$0.02 - actually I'm Australian so guess I have to round that up to $0.05.

Somewhere earlier in this thread someone said they didn't like Fujitsu hard
drives.  Any particular reason - it's just that I use them (without problems

so far) - so if they spontaneously combust or something like that, I'd like
to know before it actually happens;-)

Aaron

--

visit  http://homepages.msn.com/invalid_url
<http://homepages.msn.com/invalid_url>   ....

Is Microsoft afraid to pay itself license fees for IIS?

Sure looks like an Apache (open-source) Signature to me