Femme; Actually, after being an MCSE (Gak! Choke! Kaff!) for several years, it was one
of the only useful things I took away from that experience. Lanman is something from
Microsoft called the "Microsoft Windows Lanman Remote API Protocol (lanman)", and was
also loosely called LAN Manager. Since I was one, the name made sense!

Not trying to sell you anything by the way.

Bastille gives you problems on Mandrake 9.0 & 9.1 because Mandrake dropped
tinyfirewall from the drakxtools-newt package for 9.0 and higher. The end result was
that you couldn't run tinyfirewall, and therefore you couldn't get the bastille config
file. Without that file, bastille's firewall was dead in the water. But, if you have
the config file, all you have to do is recreate the /etc/Bastille folder, grab the
"bastille-netfilter" command from an older version of Mandrake, etc. (Please see
running as a service. Once that's been deleted from the "start on boot" services list,
you're all set.

So, what I'm working on is a decent config file built from the default config file, in
the hopes that it will be easy enough to allow anyone to modify it for their needs,
including shiny new "newbie's" who no longer have the tinyfirewall wizard to get them
started.

Keep your fingers crossed! It's a work in progress.

Later C.P. !

Lanman