On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 06:22, Damian Gatabria wrote:
> El jue, 10-07-2003 a las 05:47, Curt Tresenriter escribió:

> > > does you cdrom tray get to open?
> >
> > Only when I do it manually.
>
> Right... so urpmi is trying to open your
> cd tray but it's not being successful, maybe
> your cdrom does not support opening the tray
> by software?... try executing this:
>
> eject /dev/??? (what's your cdrom device?)
>
> and see if you get the same error.
>
> Also, did you change any settings (i.e.
> SCSI emulation) from the moment you  installed
> mandrake?
>
> Damian

Yes the error is the same.

The only files I've edited manually were fstab to recognize my Win disk,
and urpmi sources. Other than that a, number of packages were installed
via both urpmi & rpm -ivh
Until the other day, urpmi *did* eject the cd.
I can't pinpoint exactly when the behavior began - is there a log I
could look at that might give a hint?

Curt

--
Registered Linux User #299730