On Thursday 17 Jul 2003 10:01 am, manolis wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with k3b in mandrake 9.1.
> the last week I cannot use the cd-copy onthefly from my IDE dvd-rom to my
> IDE phillips
> writer.
> The only device that the system sees as a SCSI is the cdwriter, I
> cannot use the dvd-rom for CD reading. I pretty sure that even when I was
> able to cd-copy on the fly, the same thing was happening : Only the
> cdwriter was founded as scsi.
>
> The funny is that in the FAQ questions of k3b.org says that you cannot use
> IDE devices, but I am pretty sure that 2-3 weeks ago I could copy-cds
> fine!! Any ideas what I meshed with?

Edit your /etc/lilo.conf  and in your append line set both your devices to be
ide-scsi
For example
hdx=ide-scsi  where x is a,b,c or d  a=pri master, b=pri slave, c=sec master
d=sec slave

Then run in a root terminal
lilo -v

Afterwards you will need to go through the k3b setup again
(and check you have the cdrdao RPM installed. It is needed for on the fly
copying)

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net