Joe said:

It does! Thanks, glad the fight is over, BTW.

Anyhow, and this is where you say RTFM, but I've got fetchmail grokked
(not very hard, I use it right now, but per user), and your exp is clear
on how Postfix takes it from fetchmail (automagically? ie., as soon as
postfix is running, it grabs the mail?).

Now, from what Derek explained below, Postfix will then pass the mail to
a store that I define in main.cf, correct? And then it will sit there
til someone's client "pops" it?

Ok, just thinking out loud, clarify, you know. I'm gonna keep reading
but please point out any flaws in the above logic if you can!

Postfix is already setup to put mail for local users in /var/spool/mail
you do not need to change that..

just install imap/pop3
edit the pop3 entry in /etc/xinetd.d (make sure its enabled)

and all the machines on your network should be able to check their pop
accounts using your server..

works great.

I went a step further and setup pop3 in a ssh tunnel so its encrypted as
well.

good stuff.

rgds

Franki