On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 10:25:39PM +0800, Frankie wrote:
> ClamAV and Clamd by themselves are not reliable antivirus systems..
>
> testing by amavis users shows that they miss alot of virus's...
>
> however they sometimes catch one the others don't..
>
> So most of them use something like Sophos/Sophie or Trend/Trophie and
> have clamd (which is much faster then ClamAV for scanning mail) as a
> secondary scanner run on mail after the primary one has passed it.

Well, I think I have amavisd-new and ClamAV and Clamd working. 2 of the
3 test mails that came with amavisd-new made it through :(

Since I have no budget, I'll have to stick to a free (as in beer)
solution. Unfortunately, Sophos and Trend are not free. Hopefully Clam*
gets better fast. Anyway not too much of a problem since just about
every other mail provider from ISP's to hotmail have virus scanners as
well.

Thanks,
Todd

--
If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise,
we don't believe in it at all. -Noam Chomsky