Guilherme Cirne wrote:

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 22:06, Brant Fitzsimmons wrote:

Guilherme Cirne wrote:

Hi all,

Does anybody know if there are any CD players for linux which support
displaying CD-Text? I've searched Google but all I can find is Sing
Along Disc Player. Are there any others?

TIA,

What do you mean by CD-Text? Song and Album Titles?

Yeah.

What desktop are you using?

There is KsCD for KDE. It will do cddb lookup via the Internet.

You can also use grip. It also does cddb lookups. I like it because it allows you to rip the cds to wav files, and encode them to .ogg or .mp3 files to store on your hard drive.

I believe there is also a basic cd player for Gnome that will also do the lookups, but I don't remember what that one is.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903)
                "Maxims for Revolutionists"