On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 03:11, JoeHill wrote:

> Ok, here's my plan so far:
>
> Run fetchmail as a system service (initrd?) at boot, I assume I need
> then a *systemwide* .fetchmailrc, ie it will include all users and
> accounts, correct? Okay, so Postfix is already running, *it* will
> receive on port 25 from fetchmail, or so I've been told, and store the
> mail for retrieval. But other than the "gremlins" reply (which was very
> funny BTW, I am assuming it was a humourous way of saying RTFM ;)), I am
> not clear on how Postfix operates as a POP server for the clients on the
> LAN. For example, in say Sylpheed for the Receive config, would I just
> put the IP of the mail server running Postfix, default port 110?
>
> Do I have to use the same user names and passes for clients to access
> the Postfix mailstore as their accounts on the box itself, or do they
> even have to have user accounts on the mail server (ie. can they *just*
> have a Postfix username and pass)?
>
> Still reading, but they just keep talking about domain names and such,
> fer chrissakes it's just a workgroup!
>
> Thanks for all the replies guys, if I get this working I'll make it a
> Twiki page.

Use Webmin to setup your system-wide /etc/fetchmailrc - it's easier and
you can "click click click"

--
Fri Jul 18 09:05:00 EST 2003
 09:05:00 up 4 days,  1:08,  2 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.04, 0.08

Examinations are formidable even to the best prepared, for
even the greatest fool may ask more the the wisest man can answer.
                -- C.C. Colton