Richard Urwin wrote:

On Thursday 17 Jul 2003 3:46 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:

I have both dvd and writer scsi-emed, and automounted.

urpmi asks for a M9.1 CD in /dev/scd0,
no problem, but when I give it the relevent CD, it keeps on rejecting
it.

it says  please incert CD2 in /dev/scd0    cdrom2, which is wrong,
though it may not matter, as my dvd is mounted /dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom,
I guess its just a generic message.

but it will not accept the relevent CD in either /dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom
or /dev/scd1 /mntcdrom2, so cannot use it to update.

Anyone had the same problem ?

It sounds similar to what happens after upgrading from 9.0 to 9.1, the urpmi sources are not updated, and must be.

I have removable://mnt/dvd/Mandrake/RPMS with synthesis.hdlist1rpms.cz
removable://mnt/dvd/Mandrake/RPMS2 with synthesis.hdlist2rpms.cz
removable://mnt/dvd/Mandrake/RPMS3 with synthesis.hdlist3rpms.cz

One place to change it is in MCC->Software Management->Software Sources Management.

Hmmm, well, been to MCC- sources management and clicked on each of the CD 's - edit etc, result , message ,
unable to update medium, it will be automatically disabled,
charming !

Now what have I done wrong ?

John

--