Somebody scribbled about [newbie] cd-burning on 9.1
>Hello, there !
>
>I have installed Mandrake Linux 9.1 and everything is working fine.
>Nevertheless, the CD-burning via crucis is back again. I tried to
> configure K3b but it won't work. In the the first time, I allowed it to

I can't manage to get cdrdao to work. Admittedly, this is an old rev
of k3b, running on an even older Mandrake (9.0) -- there was a
difficulty in that my cooker partition refuses to boot with the new
toshiba drive.

k3b/cdrdao claims a known blank media is not blank, and says cdrdao
returns some error. I'm trying to make audio CDs and haven't had any luck
with cdrecord yet.

I have a new rev of k3b but it's not yet compiling still trying to bring
in libraries etc. in this install of 9.0. So I'm getting 9.1 isos and
will try burning them and start over.