Gene Barker wrote:
I am a new linux user, about a month. I need your help, speaking to the “newbie” group.

I joined this group in hopes of learning more of linux and solutions to problems I may have. I have been inundated with emails from our group, most of them not very useful. May I request 2 things.

   1. Limit or eliminate political or philosophical discussions from
      this channel.  Let’s use it as a tool to learn of linux.
   2. The answers to legitimate questions are sometimes cryptic and hard
      for me to follow.  A little more information or a way to follow
      the conversation would be helpful to me.  Any suggestions would be
      appreciated.

Agreed. Two requests, though:

1. Use plain text for mails, not XML (?).
2. Don't fill in the "Reply-to" field in your mail preferences. I just wrote a reply which was meant to go to the list but got sent to you personally instead.

-- "A strategy is still being formulated."

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533