From: H.J.Bathoorn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 3:39 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] urpmi as a user and not root

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 16:07, Tony S. Sykes wrote:
> All,
>
> Is it possible to do urpmi as a user and not root. Reason being is I
am
> behind a ms proxy which authenticates user id's. They will not create
> root one for me so it will have to be my own user for the updates. How
> do I do this? Can I do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tony.

If you can't be "su" or "root" on the machine you're working on you
don't
stand a chance without the sys-admin helping you.

If you can't get out as root i.e. can't connect to external sites using
urpmi
or the packaging tool; you could always downoad the rpms to a local
directory
and use that as a source.
Good luck,
HarM

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street